Monday, June 16, 2008

1 Year Ago...

One year ago today we came home from the hospital...

I had a scheduled elective c-section at 38 1/2 weeks. I've always been determined to have a c-section and according to final sono, Aria was measuring over 10 lbs at 38 weeks (just goes to show how off that can be, she was 8 lbs 13 oz) so the ob was on board with that decision.

All in all a very good experience and not difficult recovery...the roughest time was when it took the anesthesiologist [I]40 min, 3 attempts and 2 different needles [/I]to get the spinal started.

I remember hearing her crying as they were taking her out, the nurse saying "look, she has red hair", the ob as she lifted her saying "this is NOT a 10 lb baby" and how I cried and cried with joy when they brought her to me.

No comments: